I am sooo tired of hearing the ignorant, weak willed, biased wheat eaters claiming gluten free living is unhealthy and dangerous if you don’t have a gold plated certification from doctors and the supreme court saying you have celiac disease.
WHAT do they care? Eat wheat, and die, that is their business!!
Why is removing wheat/gluten such an issue?
Google, or doggrel, ” gluten free diet dangerous” and see the idiotic results.
THEY say eating gluten free will deprive us of essential vitamins and minerals.
Gluten in wheat is what can not be ingested. JUST WHEAT. The nutrients in raw wheat are ‘refined’ out. Raw wheat, uncooked and unprocessed can not be digested, so the nutrient value is for naught. Here is a chart comparing the nutrients of our staples. (cassava is tapioca) in their raw state. This is NOT what we get.
After all there processing there is very little nutrients left in the wheat, so it is refortified and wheat flour becomes ‘enriched. Here is another cool chart showing the ‘value’ of wheat flour
I don’t really think anyone is going to be deficient in crucial nutrient from not eating wheat/gluten. Lets look at just those added nutrients ‘missed’ by not eating wheat, and what other foods have them, naturally.
- B2 Riboflaven, — spinach, mushrooms, asparagus, beet greens, eggs, cow’s milk(dairy), broccoli, green beans, turnip, kale, bell peppers, soybeans, yogurt, almonds, turkey, green peas, sweet potato, sardines, tuna, winter squash, brussel sprouts, grapes, cabbage, carrots, summer squash, romaine lettuce, cauliflower, celery, chili peppers
- B3 niacin– tuna, chicken, turkey, mushrooms, salmon, lamb, beef, asparagus, tomatoes, bell peppers, sardines, peanuts, shrimp, brown rice, sweet potato, sunflower seeds, green peas, potatoes, cod, corn, carrots, cantaloupe, collard greens, squash, brussel sprouts, spinach, broccoli, green beans, cabbage.
- B1 Thiamin–asparagus, sunflower seeds, greenness, brussel sprouts, spinach, cabbage, eggplant, Romain lettuce, mushrooms, legumes, oats, sesame seeds, tuna, pineapple, oranges broccoli, onions, green beans, carrots, summer squash, tomatoes, cantaloupe, watermelon, bell peppers, cauliflower, grapefruit, garlic, cucumber, cumin, mustard seed
- Iron–scallops, cod, shrimp, cows milk(dairy) yogurt, eggs, strawberries, sardines salmon, tuna
- Folate-lentils, asparagus, spinach, brocoli, beets, romaine lettuce, cauliflower, legumes, papaya, brussel sprouts, green peas, bell peppers, green beans, celery, cabbage, summer squash, strawberries, tomatoes, leeks, fennel, avocado, quinoa, oranges, cantaloupe, onions, pineapple, raspberries, carrots, mushrooms, kiwi, basil, eggplant, lemons, limes.
Wow it looks to me that everything I eat makes up for my not eating wheat.
They say not eating wheat/gluten can cause one to ‘decide’ to have an eating disorder. They speculate that one may become afraid to eat because of getting glutened. ‘Experts’ say eating gluten free causes one to pay attention to what they eat, and that is not something someone should do casually…. WHAT? Then we should not contemplate how much fat, sugar,
Seems to be grasping at straws here. If limiting or eliminating a food causes someone to have an eating disorder why are there so many over weight diabetics? What about those who have peanut allergies are they all anorexic?
They say eating gluten free can cause you to gain weight. Eating all of those potatoes, sugar sweetened drinks, and red meat, not to mention all of the gluten free baked goods, all carbs.
I have heard someone say they could not go gluten free because they ended up eating more red meat since they could not have that bread as a filler. This makes no sense. First you can get a gluten free roll. Second what is wrong with eating a few more bites of pure unrefined beef. The nutrition value in meat is much higher than that of a piece of white bread!
If you eat a lot of baked goods, gluten full or gluten free, you shouldn’t. Too many carbs and calories and no nutritions.
The truth is eating gluten is detrimental to everyone who has Celiac Disease. We can not absorb any nutrients and our immune system implodes on us.
The truth is the human digestive system can not process raw grains- wheat. Even after cooking it is not properly digested. There is no true nutritional value to wheat, it is just extra calories.
The truth is wheat has been altered to be resistant to bugs and herbicide – it now contains a poison that the non celiac are now investing, daily.
The truth is not eating wheat will not kill you, but eating it can be a dangerous to EVERYONE.
Go ridicule someone else for not eating what you eat……
Paleolithic diet? No grains(wheat, rice, corn, oats, quinoa, sorghum), beans, sugar, dairy, salt, artificial sweeteners. Those Paleo people are probably causing all that grass fed beef being available, pure evil.
Vegan: No animal products- no meat, dairy, nor eggs. They too question what is in the refried beans.
Lactose intolerant: NO dairy. Have you seen all the lactose free milk and ice cream taking up precious DAIRY space in the grocery store?
To be honest, I am thankful all I don’t eat is wheat!!