Those who know of celiac disease have heard of – Dermatitis herpetiformis it is THE celiac skin disease, what is not as commonly known is that psoriasis and eczema are also linked to celiac and gluten intolerance.
Psoriasis and eczema are different but still the same. Often many are diagnosed with both, so maybe they are the same?
I am in the thinking that DH may actually be a form of psoriasis or visa versa, in other words, they are basically the same thing. Psoriasis is
Lets look at why celiac/DH/ and Psoriasis are related:
- 1 Autoimmune Condition– The immune system is attacking a part of the body (wrongly) be it internal ‘skin’ or external skin.
- Many with psoriasis/eczema have celiac disease antibodies ,not the IgA so physician’s don’t pay attention
- Those with psoriasis and those with gluten intolerance are often found to have low D levels.
- Gluten inhibits absorption of AD and E-
- Low on A: Scaly Skin, Bumpy skin, Dry Skin, Peeling nails, Weakened immune system, poor wound healing.– All included as symptoms of Psoriasis and or Eczema
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant, it protects the body tissues from oxidative damage. E plays a major part in the immune system. Those low on E can have dry cracked skin, delayed wound healing, age spots, tissue scarring. — Psoriasis, dry flakey skin, auto immune disease
This is yet one more instance where the cause of the disease could be completely overlooked. You are diagnosed with Psoriasis, eczema, or have random weird skin rashes with no cause, the doctor prescribes medications, creams, steroids. These cover up the problem, but do not cure it. It is more than skin deep ;), The immune system has gone array. The body is starving for nutrients. The skin reaction is a reflection of all of this.
If you have been battling Psoriasis, Eczema, dry flakey skin, blistering rashes, red whelps, bumps on your arms, skin break outs, the answer could be in just removing wheat, all of it. Simple.
Dr. Rodney Ford has a bit more to say about psoriasis and gluten: www.youtube.com/watch?v=czB5iwh6kKE •